When filing a disability claim in Louisiana, it is helpful to have an attorney who understands the process. Applicants who hire a social security lawyer are more likely to have their claims approved. However, you may wonder: What does a Supplemental (Social) Security attorney do?
- Disability attorneys understand the ins and outs of the Supplemental Security Income claims process, improving your chances of approval.
- A Social Security disability lawyer helps you get the documents you need to prove your medical condition, file your application for benefits, and prepare for a hearing if necessary.
What Is a Social Security Attorney?
A Supplemental Security lawyer acts on your behalf when you file for disability benefits. At Leavitt & Meunier Law, we help you with your case by:
- Obtaining your Social Security information
- Getting supportive evidence from your doctors
- Requesting a hearing, appeals review, or reconsideration
- Preparing you for a hearing
- Attending hearings and conferences with you
- Questioning witnesses
How Do Disability Lawyers Get Paid?
Social Security attorneys work for you on a contingency basis, which means they collect a fee only if you get approval for your disability case. Written fee agreements between you and your representation must get approval from the Social Security Administration. The lawyer’s fee is typically no more than 25% of your back pay amount. If they approve your arrangement, you pay your lawyer once you receive the back pay money.
Why Hire a Social Security Disability Attorney?
Our experienced, licensed team works to ensure you get the assistance you need. When you hire our disability representation, you gain the advantage of our extensive knowledge regarding SSI benefits.
To secure Social Security disability benefits, you need sufficient medical evidence to prove your case. Often, people seeking supplemental income do not know the requirements and may not submit the correct information. Disability attorneys know which medical records are necessary and helpful to your case. They work with you to ensure you get the proper documentation and tests. They also review your medical paperwork to make sure you submit only relevant information.
Sometimes doctors are not willing to help you with your disability application. There are various reasons you may have trouble getting the documents and procedures you need. Supplemental Security lawyers often have better luck communicating with medical professionals since they have experience dealing with these matters.
When you have representation, you are more likely to have a successful appeal. As specialists, we understand the hearing process and have extensive experience with local Social Security judges. This knowledge allows us to help you adequately prepare for your case.
Why Choose Leavitt & Meunier Law?
Our firm believes in a hands-on approach. You gain many advantages when you select us to represent your claim, such as:
- We are a local law firm familiar with disability examiners, judges, and other professionals involved in your case.
- We personally handle your claim to help you get results.
- We thoroughly examine your medical records to resolve any issues before your hearing.
- We have experience working with local doctors.
- We have handled thousands of hearings before judges in the area.
- We have three locations to serve you in the Baton Rouge, Mandeville, and New Orleans, LA areas.
- We have extensive local experience representing clients.
Contact a Disability Lawyer Today
Get in touch with the attorneys at Leavitt & Meunier Law at 504-834-2075 or 1-800-256-4345 to find out about your eligibility. Learn what information you need to file your claim and how you can improve your chances of success.
Featured Image: Indypendenz/Shutterstock